Below are some of the preliminary submissions we received in response to our terms of reference.
We have not published every preliminary submission we received. We have also redacted some of the content of those we have published. Reasons for this include:
- the author wishes us to keep the submission confidential
- the submission relates to a case that is or might come before the courts
- the submission contains particularly sensitive, offensive or potentially defamatory material.
We note that while privilege attaches to our reports, no privilege attaches to individual submissions made to us. We have taken this into account when deciding what to publish.
We will consider all submissions in full as part of our review process, even if we don't publish them or redact parts of them.
Content warning: Some of these submissions contain sensitive material relating to sexual assault and/or violence that may confront or disturb readers.
If you need help,
some options for advice and support are listed below:
- NSW Victims Services
- NSW Rape Crisis Centre
- Call 1800 424 017 or visit nswrapecrisis.com.au
- NSW Rape Crisis is a 24/7 telephone and online counselling service for anyone affected by sexual assault in NSW.
- Sexual Assault Counselling Australia